8 thoughts on “Finding out about the Kentucky Coffee Tree

1. Pingback: Krebs' Class Blogs » Blog Archive » Tree Identification in Science

2. Hello Mason,

One of the basic things we can look for in plants is the way their leaves are arrange. You identified this perfectly as an alternate leaf pattern. Well done.

While at university studying a little botany in my first year, we had to identify plants and always started looking at leaf arrangement as well as whether the plants had flowers or not and the size and shapes of leaves. I am impressed you have already learned the difference between alternate and opposite leaf arrangement.

@RossMannell
    Teacher (retired), N.S.W., Australia

• Hello Mr. Manell,
      Thanks for the reply I appreciate it it was interesting to find out about so much about a tree and how its opposite and not alternate and that it can have coffee beans.
      From,
      Mason

3. Hi Mason,

My name is Ashley Zaworski, and I am a student at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Alabama. First, I want to tell you that I really enjoyed reading your blog post about Kentucky Coffee Trees. I didn’t know that there are different types of leaves on trees. Your link to the website about Iowa’s trees was very informative. It was interesting to see the different trees that Iowa has.

I do have a question for you though. Does the Kentucky Coffee Tree actually produce real coffee beans used to make coffee with?

Thank you,

Ashley Zaworski

• Hello Ashley,
      Thanks for looking at my post and yes you can make coffee out of the beans from the tree ill try to put more posts up for you to look at. From,Mason

4. Hello Mason,
    I really enjoyed reading about your knowledge on this plant. I feel like you provided great information and got right to the point. I look forward to reading some of your future posts.
    From Jordan

5. Hey, Mason!

I’m Samara. I have a friend who shares your name, actually. 🙂 I really loved the picture in your blog post. It really captured the idea of nature that you were trying to convey. Also, reading your post took me back to, what? Seventh grade science? I remember learning all about the many different types of leaves and trees and such. It was one of my favorite chapters of science!

We were required to create a project using leaves; a collage of some sort, I think it was. The main point of it was to draw us closer to nature and make us aware of the beautiful creations around us.

Your post really made it evident that nature is beautiful. I loved reading it! 🙂

– Samara